SUSTAINABLE GROWTH FOR ALL
The Emirate of Ras Al Khaimah is an area of outstanding natural beauty as well as being a site of historical and architectural significance in the region. RAKNOR fully understands its responsibility to the local environment and local communities. We understand that our business can only grow if it develops alongside the communities we work in, and the history of our company shows that the development of RAKNOR has often gone hand-in-glove with that of local society.
In some locations we are biggest employer in the area and local families and communities depend on our operations if their infrastructure, services, shops and lives are to prosper. Therefore, just as we understand our duty of care to our employees’ health and safety, so too do we acknowledge and accept our obligation to society.
As a result, we have placed sustainability at the heart of our business practices and, along with our sister companies, RAKNOR has worked hard to build an enviable reputation for creating environmental protection measures and improving environmental standards in the UAE and the wider region.
By training all our workers to understand their responsibility to helping develop a sustainable future and by maintaining an open dialogue and collaborating with all parties who have an interest in what we do, we are striving to improve the industry’s image and reduce its impact on local communities.
We have implemented and maintained an Environmental Management System and we are fully committed to continuously developing our policy so that we minimise our environmental impact on our surrounding eco-system, it’s natural inhabitants and the local residential community.
We work in close cooperation with the Ras Al Khaimah Environment Protection and Industrial Development Authority to minimise environmental impact.
OTHER ENVIRONMENTAL MEASURES
The many other environmental measures we have taken to reduce our environmental impact include:
- Silo filtration to prevent airborne emissions
- Installing and covering product bins
- Water spraying unpaved roads
- Installing sound-proof walls to control noise levels
- Cleaning exit roads using road sweepers
- Installing dust/noise control fencing
- Extensive tree planting around sites to reduce visual impact
- Introducing and adhering to environmental monitoring plans
- Ensuring control measures are effective and comply with standards imposed by federal and regional governments
- Establishing which areas require further improvements
- Frequently monitoring ambient air quality, noise levels, water quality, soil quality, vibration levels and flora/fauna
- Undertaking air quality analysis using respirable dust samplers and sound level monitors.